- Classrooms - 26 general classrooms varying in size from 24 to 280 seats, a total of 2,200 seats.
- Advanced Learning Labs - 4 state-of-the-art Advanced Learning Labs dedicated to instruction in electronic research sources, information literacy skills, software applications, and faculty development.
- Group study rooms - 96 group study rooms are available for collaborative work. During classroom hours, twenty (20) of these rooms will be available to be reserved by instructors as supplemental classroom discussion breakout space.
- Faculty prep room - relax with a cup of coffee before a class.
To reserve any of these spaces, please refer to the contact information online at MLC Reservations.
General classroom equipment includes:
- An instructor podium containing all instructor accessible equipment
- A wireless touch panel control system for control of A/V source, video projector, audio level, lighting, screens, window shades, etc.
- 2 projection screens, chalkboards, and whiteboards
- A data/video projector
- Laptop computer connection (video/audio/ethernet)
- Cable TV tuner
- High resolution document camera
- Slide projector control
- Program audio sound system
- Auxiliary inputs to allow other A/V devices to be viewed and heard in the room (digital VCR player, portable video conferencing cart)
- CAT5E Audio/Video feeds to and from a master control room
- Real time and e-mail feedback capabilities for helpdesk information
- Wireless microphones and voice amplification system for the large auditorium classrooms
- Local computer in the instructor's podium with a LCD monitor on the podium (in specific classrooms only)
- Portable equipment:
- Videoconferencing cart with ethernet or telephone connectivity
- A/V cart with LCD projector, DVD and VCR
Photos (photo credits: Christina Serrano)